AT 40 KM FROM ESTEREL CARAVANING CAMPSITE
WHAT DO SEE AND DO IN FAYENCE
• Its 12th century Château
• The Notre dame des Cyprès Chapel from the 15th century
• The Saint Jean – Baptist church from the 18th century
• Doorway Sarrasine
• The Clock tower
• Guided tours of the old village (Thursdays)
• Four du Mitan The villages 2 bread ovens
• The Eco-museum agriculture and wind mills
• The local history museum
• The 1st European Glider centre
• Hiking paths and mountain biking
• Water sports on the Saint Cassien Lake
• Horse riding
• Rock climbing
• Relaxation and fitness at the health Spa
• The Four Seasons Golf Club
SITUATION AND DIRECTIONS
From your camp site Esterel Caravaning, it will take around 50 minutes to get to the typical Provencal village Fayence. When leaving Esterel Caravaning turn right direction Frejus – Saint Raphael. Once at Frejus take the motorway A8 direction Nice, exit at Fayence – Les Ardrets and then follow the directions to Fayence.
Fayence village is around 40 kilometres from Esterel Caravaning this lively village is situated halfway between the coast and the mountains at 45 minutes from the ski slopes and 30 minutes from the Mediterranean beaches. The Fayence village is at the head of 8 Villages that form one of the 43 cantons in the Var (local government).
From Roman times the peaceful charms of this village have always made it a great success, perched at 350 metres altitude Fayence has picturesque little streets that give a warm friendly welcome to all its visitors. Its closeness to the beaches, the mountains and the beautiful Saint Cassien Lake offers a large range of activities and leisure’s. The Fayence village is renowned throughout the world for having the 1st European flying centre that offer lessons and host competitions like the International Gliders Open.