45 KM FROM ESTEREL-CARAVANING CAMPSITE
WHAT TO SEE AND DO IN LORGUES
• The Orthodox Monastery Saint Michel
• The 18th century Church
• The Dolmens (stones)
• The Templiers (Knights) district Ruou
• The Fort and its beffroi (bell tower)
• The collegiate Saint Martin church from the 18th century
• Numerous Chapels
• The Hermitage Saint Ferréol
• The Fountains
• The Hotel de Ville dating from the 19th century
• The Palais de Justice (Court House) from the 18th century
• The Museum Pictural Architectural Rob
• Walking, riding and mountain biking paths
• Vineyard visits and wine tasting
SITUATION AND DIRECTIONS
From your camp site Esterel Caravaning it will take around 50 minutes to get to Lorgues. When leaving Esterel Caravaning turn right direction Frejus – Saint Raphael. Once at Frejus take the motorway A8 direction Draguignan. Exit at Le Muy, you need to cross the Le Muy and Les Arcs villages before arriving at Lorgues.
At only 45 kilometres from Esterel Caravaning you’ll find the village of Lorgues. Halfway between the Gorges of Verdon and Saint Tropez, Lorgues benefits from its ideal situation. Steeped in sunshine and surrounded by numerous resources. Lorgues has long been lived in, since the prehistoric ages and its position at 210 metres altitude makes its lands rich and fertile.
Vineyards and Olive trees produce in abundance our Provencal treasures ; AOC Côtes de Provence wines are exported all over the world from a dozen domains. The richness of its lands and the charms of its town centre delight all its visitors. Its medieval village is full of history and has many secrets to discover. Its ancient buildings, religious monuments the Forts remains all make a stop off visit worthwhile.